As we all work together to navigate these uncertain times surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, we at TitleCore National remain committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees and customers. For that reason, below are our new procedures:
1. Office Safety: Our offices are locked. Only employees or those with signing appointments are allowed inside. Only those parties whose signature is required are allowed in the building and masks must be worn by at all times.
2. Closing Locations: All in-person closings will occur at one of 3 places:
a. Nebraska closings will occur at our Main Office at 8701 West Dodge Road, Omaha, Nebraska 68114 or our office at 4912 Shannon Drive, Papillion, Nebraska 68133
b. Iowa closings will occur at our Council Bluffs Office at 1032 Woodbury Avenue, Council Bluffs, IA 51503
c. Customer may call or text 531-233-1490 to notify TCN staff that they have arrived for closing
3. Closing Method: In-person closings have the choice of our 3 locations, or a “Drive Up” Closing where Signers will remain in their vehicle and a TCN Employee will bring the documents out to the vehicle. The TCN Employee will remain nearby for questions and to witness signatures any signatures requiring notarization.
4. Cash Closings: All cash closings will have the ability to be scheduled via e-signing. Funds for cash closings can be wired to TCN. We will assist all Buyers to arrange wire transfers as necessary. We will not charge any incoming wire fees, though the originating bank may charge outgoing wire fees.
5. Earnest Deposits: Earnest Deposits can be wired into TCN, mailed to TCN’s main office at 8701 West Dodge Road, #150, Omaha, NE 68114, or placed in the Dropbox outside our location at 8701 West Dodge Road. You may call 402-333-8100 to arrange a wire transfer. Please include the Buyer’s name, Seller’s name and Property Address on all earnest deposits whether by wire transfer or by mail. For those offices that have typically used our courier service for earnest deposits, please mail the earnest deposit checks as indicated above. We are greatly reducing the number of stops our courier will be making.
6. Seller Signings: Sellers have the option of signing remotely through e-signing and remote online notarization. This process will be explained on a case-by-case basis with Sellers.
7. Closing Disbursements: All disbursements from closing will be made via wire transfer or via mail. Checks will not be available for pick up at our offices.
8. Physical Distancing: TCN Employees will maintain appropriate distancing from all customers and will have no physical contact with any customer. Masks are required for anyone entering our buildings.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work with our partners and customers to determine the best path forward. We strongly recommend that these procedures be followed in all cases. However, we recognize that these procedures represent a shift from prior industry practice. If you feel that these procedures create an undue hardship on you or your client, please contact your TCN Escrow Officer. This situation remains fluid and we are happy to make reasonable accommodations where appropriate.
Thank you and stay safe!
Your Title Partner,